Jeff Hunt is joined by Steve Patterson, a former Athletic Director for the University of Texas plus General Manager experience in nearly every major sport, to discuss COVID-19 and what the new normal for athletic events will be.
- 04:30 – Isolate a forward team that is fully responsible for what will be done to come back from this crisis.
- 09:40 Look to your core values or mission statement for direction.
- 07:30 – Use this time to engage your fans and seek feedback from as many people as possible.
- Students, sponsors, donors, faculty.
- 13:15 / 17:20 – Drive realignment.
- Not purely by revenues, but rather efficiencies, safety, and necessity.
- 30:30 – Create and simulate plans for any possible crises that come after the comeback.
- Do a vulnerability assessment to understand the most likely things to occur when things return to “normal.”
- 34:30 – How to look forward to the “other side” of the crisis. Vision cast the future with key constituents.
- How have you been involving people in the process?
- What are the fans and students saying?
- 42:35 – Q&A
- How will schools make up for lost revenue from events that have been canceled so far?
- During this “downtime,” where would you recommend investing the most time in communicating? Donors? Sponsors? Student-Athletes?